Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where Have Your Shoes Taken You?


Have you counted how many pairs of shoes are in your closet? I bet you have at least 7-10 pair, some of which you never even wear. I have 11! I couldn't believe it when I counted. Then there is my wife...I couldn't count that high this late at night. :)


Tomorrow we are asking the students at Altared to give $1 for every pair of shoes in their closet to support Speed-The-Light...(STL) the student-initiated, volunteer, charitable program that provides much-needed equipment to missionaries across the nation and in over 180 countries around the world. Since its beginning, STL has raised over $220 million for missionary equipment around the world. We have pledged to give $35,000.00 this year and so far we've raised $12,500.00!


Our shoes help us to get where we are going everyday. Tomorrow lets help missionaries around the world get to where God has called them by giving just a $1 for every pair of shoes we own. Lets do our part in spreading the gosple by giving to STL.

No comments: