Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Move Of God

I don't know about you, but every time I go into a service - whether it's a Sunday or Wednesday - I want God to move in power! I believe as scripture tells us that "signs and wonders will follow the preaching of His word" and that "where two or three are gathered in His name, He is in their midst." I think we would agree together that God, being omnipotent, omniscient, and sovereign, can do anything whenever, however to whom ever He wants. However, why is that some services it seems as if "He moves" and other times it's as if He doesn't?

I love the answer that Blaine Bartel gives. "It is not a matter of God moving or not moving. It is a matter of men lining up with what He wants to do."*

Chew on that today and do what you need to do before the next time you come together to worship and see what happens. Let's get in line and give God permission to MOVE!

10 Rules of Youth Ministry, Blaine Bartel, Harrison House, 2002

No comments: